Tuesday 15 November 2011

Reflection


The creating of this blog has been a wonderful experience as it gives me a new knowledge about the principles of document design and various publication issues. Schirato & Yell (2000) mention same message may be interpreted differently based on the reader's beliefs and values. Thus, I have taught to be aware and sensitive to cultures so that I will not offend my readers that might come from different backgrounds.

Besides, this project has improved my ability to design web document, helping me attract people’s attention while striving to be constantly interesting. Indeed, texts and images should complement each other as they are equally effective in delivering meaning in document design (Kress and van Leeuwen, 2006).

Being a responsible and ethical blogger, I know that I should not commit plagiarism in order to avoid defamation and copyright infringements. At last, I hope that this blog provides sufficient insight based on my knowledge, and is beneficial to my audiences.

(Source from: Mycrap. tumblr)
References
Kress, G & van Leeuwen, T 2006, ‘Chapter 5: The meaning of composition’, Reading images: The grammar of visual design, 2nd edn, Routledge, New York, USA.

Schirato, T & Yell, S 2000, Communication and cultural literacy: an introduction, 2nd edn, Allen & Unwin, St. Leonards.

No comments:

Post a Comment